Check out my archive!

I set my number of blogs per page to three because if it were set to more than that, the whole page would lag. So use the archive, or the "view older posts" at the very bottom of the page to make sure you can view my older posts so you can comment on them!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Show-off.

Salut readers!

Today I thought I'd share some art projects I've done so far.  I'm taking ART100 and CAT111 at the same time, so sometimes I get mixed up with what I've learned from either class!  In both classes, I learn some of the same things on the same subject.  Like the ones about balance and values of a design.

Anyways, I thought I'd share with everybody one of the design challenges for our homework assignment in ART100.  In our design challenges, we have to create a design that demonstrates that we've followed what it asks for.  Once it's created, we post it and then get feedback from it.  From the feedback, we create a rough draft for it, then ask for feedback again to create our final draft.  So now that you know how it works, you will see why this one is special. :) In a nutshell, my instructor and classmates felt my design was perfected before I even had to edit a final draft.  It was perfect in my rough draft.

The design principles present in this picture are economy, rhythm, and figure and ground.







First creation












Rough draft turned final






Here's another design where we had to choose a word from the list and create something out of it.  I chose "falling" and created these:








Falling blocks - first creation







Falling blocks - rough draft









Falling blocks - final draft

3 comments:

dfd said...

Hey these are really cool-- I take it these are for your ART class? What program did you use to create these. Way cool!

~Devin Murphy

sushist4r said...

Thanks Devin! Yes, they were for ART-100 which I am currently taking. They were created using Adobe Photoshop CS5.

Country Joe said...

Photoshop and the use of filters. I love that program, and you did a great job showcasing the abilities of filters. I think anyways, it looks like the background you used was done with a filter, but I could be mistaken. I really like your page. I also checked out your video from class and it was an amazing job. I however am an opposing fan of cats, I did like the way you did your project, it flowed great and the transitions seemed to be on point. Good Job!!
-Joe